Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Another day....


It sucked missing class. I was  told what I missed, and I am very excited for the class vision we have created. As I stated in my other blog I want to interview a variety of people and get their impressions about living as a minority in a majority world. A few of the people I will interview have expressed mixed issues with their identities. The blogs of group mates seem to indicate that they also dealt with similar issues that some of the people I plan to interview dealt with. I was very moved reading their blogs, and I can personally relate to those issues. Being denied our identity is something that, I believe, is traumatizing to the core of a human being. We all crave for a sense of feeling wanted and a place where we belong. While these struggle, in theory I see my project as extending that conversation and allowing us to reflect at what others experienced and perhaps find some common trends that can help us learn why these feelings persist in minority communities and more importantly what we can do to fix it. I have already reached out to a few people I am interested in interviewing and have received positive responses thus far.  I am very interested in seeing how their dialect affected their acceptance in their community. Are you acting white? Are you a coconut? Etc....After I am done with this portion I will push myself create monologues that bring these themes to the masses.

No comments:

Post a Comment